Thursday, December 27, 2012

TOO JET LAGGED TO THINK OF A CLEVER TITLE

Hola amigos,
This is a jet lag blog so it will be pretty bloggy to reflect the state of my brains, but I want to give y'all the true travel experience and well, jet lag is part of the experience. That said, I managed the airports with no major excitement, although I have to say that being a gypsy in the 21st century has its drawbacks. Even though I did remove MOST of my jewelry, alas my fat fingers refused to yield my many rings and I had to stand in the nakededy scan.
Here is a photo of what I DID manage to take off. I won't show you a photo of what the scan saw as I want you to continue reading my blog. All I can say is I hope those guys at security get hazard pay.


.
Luckily my daughter fetched me from the airport in Buenos Aires (or I would still be wandering around trying to figure out how to get to her apt.) and we had Mister Toad's Wild Ride in a taxi, but even scarier then the cabbie's driving was the 80's American pop rock music blaring into the backseat. Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler, anyone?

Then off to sleep at 3:00am...and up this morning to get my orientation so I can find my way around the city. Will let you know how that works out in a few days when I can find the apartment again.
Ciao for now

4 comments:

  1. It could be worse: "...the jingle jangle morning..." don't worry if you can't ID the lyric; you're jet-lagged & young.

    "Total Eclipse of the Heart" is somewhat current these days because the winner of a reality TV dance show last year apparently sealed the deal with a number danced to it--that's how I know of the song.

    Happy orienteering. Happy New Year. And cheers to Rachel, as well, from Rob & Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's what's worse than being "jet-lagged & young" ... being old enough to know that you know "...the jingle jangle morning..." but also being so old that you can no longer remember what you knew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all that jewelry! Thoreau would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nakedy scan pervs of TSA! Jewelry was just an excuse.

    ReplyDelete